Our lives directly move to the rhythm of your heart. From the music sounds that resonate in your car, to the musical beats of a lively coffee shop, every minute of our well-being depends on a steady beat. Have you ever imagined what will happen if that beat slows down or becomes irregular? This would be quite a frightening experience, right? Many times signs of a heart attack may not be always obvious and that’s why it is important to pay attention to your body’s rhythm.
Cardiology has a specific function and focuses just like any other a branch of medicine. It deals with anything and everything about heart and its specific functions. Cardiology covers disorders of the heart and its blood vessels. It deals with diagnosis and cure for diseases and malfunctions of this vital organ, your heart.
Continue reading for some essential cardiology tips to keep your heart in good health.
1 – To Maintain a Healthy Heart
- It is always advisable to maintain a healthy heart you need to keep yourself fit. Getting involved in team sports are a great way to blow off steam, have fun, and it helps to get engaged in a cardiovascular activity. Walking up the stairs instead of the elevator is one thing, playing outdoors with your kids is a form of exercise too! These activities require constant movement, which is great for the heart, and all are encouraged in cardiology research. By following the above conscious lifestyle activities the risk of experiencing a heart attack can be reduced greatly simply by the addition of activities to your daily life.
2 – Signs of Heart Disease
- Cardiology is the branch of medicine that takes care of the diseases and abnormalities of the cardiovascular system. To get engaged in an activity and to restrain abnormalities is one thing, but if you are facing a condition that persists, such as numbing and chronic headaches, then you might see a cardiologist.
- If you feel like spells of dizziness, see black spots that actually don’t exist, and abnormal pain in your chest, these are signs that indicate you may need to see a cardiologist. Any of the above symptoms could be related to heart disease. If you feel these symptoms and are currently doing regular exercise routines, no matter how strenuous or light, they should be stopped until a cardiologist gives you a comprehensive check-up.
- If you consult a cardiologist regularly they can certainly help you detect the early signs of heart disease, even before you experience the actual symptoms; such as pain in the jaw, weakness or coldness in your arms and/or legs, shortness of breath.
3 – Consult a Cardiologist in Brooklyn
- As it is tough to sense most symptoms of heart disease, cardiologists warn patients against ignoring the signs, or worse yet, waiting to see if they magically go away. This is true for the elderly people who have high blood pressure, diabetes, high cholesterol or family history of heart disease. Such patients can experience a heart attack suddenly, and even result in death.
- If you have experienced any of the above symptoms or, are you a smoker or diabetic, or if your family has a history of heart disease, you should consider consulting a cardiologist in Brooklyn about heart disease and what you can do to combat it.
It is necessary to keep a constant watch on your blood pressure in case you are diabetic or smoker, or if anyone in your family has a history of heart ailments. Visit your primary care physician regularly and If you have ever experienced any of the symptoms get in touch with our go-to center for Cardiology Medicine in Brooklyn, NY. Consult our expert cardiologists especially trained to handle testing, diagnosis, and care for patients with cardiac disorders. You can find the best cardiologists right here at Artisans of Medicine. Contact us today!